bOunceT are recruiting a small ‘bank’ of Play Leader staff – apply now!
Deadline – Monday 24th October 2022 @ 12pm
Details about the role, pay, and benefits are detailed below
If you want to apply to be one of the bank staff that we are looking to hire soon, please answer the following questions and email them to email@example.com
1. What is your understanding of occupational therapy, and what we do at bOunceT?
2. What do you think the difference is between play and purposeful play?
3. What is your understanding of rebound therapy – in the context of how we ‘do’ therapeutic activity at bOunceT? [Hint: you might want to view a recent blog to keep you right]
4. Do you have experience of supporting children and/or adults with disabilities?
bOunceT is a multi-award winning social enterprise that was was founded as a Community Interest Company (CIC) in 2017 by Callum MacKinnon (Occupational Therapist).
Our vision is for everyone to be happy, healthy, and able to do the things they want, need, or have to do.
Work opportunities beyond Stirling…
bOunceT have a range of work opportunities for Play Leaders to deliver inclusive and meaningful play activities in the community too – not just at our ‘HQ’ in Stirling Enterprise Park!
For example, we regularly support autistic pupils at Scottish Autism’s New Struan School in Alloa.
As mentioned, the role of a Play Leader is not new – but it is unique, and very rewarding!
You will be expected to independently facilitate 1:1 (some sometimes group) therapeutic activity sessions for a range of children and adults with disabilities. Family members/ carers can get involved in the fun – or they can choose to get a bit of respite time.
You will need to be flexible to work across a Monday- Sunday timetable – but responsible enough to maintain a level of consistency with your work pattern. For example, we want there to be as much consistency as possible for the people we support – so you might choose to only work 1 Saturday and/or Sunday per month, but you will typically work with the same individuals and families*. This will allow you to build a great therapeutic relationship with them – ultimately to have the best fun and purposeful play in sessions.
*who access either weekly, fortnightly, or for short blocks at a time (all subject to change due to funding and referrals).
Responsible To –
Service Manager [Eliza] & Specialist Occupational Therapist [Callum]
Play Leader Duties –
The responsibilities of a Play Leader shall include the following, and without limitation:
- Deliver inclusive activity sessions & rebound therapy independently, and alongside others* when required.
[When a child or adult is identified as being at a ‘Targeted’ level of support then you should follow guidance from their ‘Play Plan’. This is a therapy programme created by an Occupational Therapist (OT)]
- Write all notes/records & upload pictures/videos of sessions onto our secure portal (Evisense) promptly, in accordance with company policy & regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to individuals progress reports, as requested by the OT team.
- Attend professional review meetings [TAC – Team Around Child or SI – Staged Intervention] either with or without the OT present (when required).
- Coordinate timetable changes for relevant individuals & families on your caseload; with approval from the OT team.
- Complete the following duties daily when working in the Therapy Play Room:
Visual Trampoline Check.
- Prepare for, and participate in, supervision with the Service Manager and/or Specialsit Occupational Therapist – minimum 1 hour per month.
- Actively contribute to effective team working within bOunceT and the organisation as a whole.
- Maintain a professional attitude with all individuals that you engage with about bOunceT whilst inside and outside of work.
- Identify personal learning needs and make actions during supervision to overcome these e.g. training.
- Ensure that the organisations Data Protection policy & procedure is adhered to and is embedded into working practices.
- Ensure the organisations policies and procedures are adhered to and are embedded into daily working practices.
- Complete mandatory training and training updates, as required. Undertake additional training within the practice area of Occupational Therapy, Play, Inclusive Play & measuring outcomes.
- In compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the statutory duty of care for personal safety; ensure that a proactive role towards the management of risk is adopted, taking appropriate actions when required such as; reporting all incidents, near misses and hazards.
As bOunceT is a dynamic and growing social enterprise, all employees are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises so that tasks not specifically covered by the Job Description may have to be undertaken. These additional duties will normally be compatible with regular type of work. If the additional responsibility or task becomes regular or a frequent part of the staff member’s job, it will be included on the Job Description in consultation with the member of staff.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, and enrolment into our pension scheme (NEST), our Play Leaders will be automatically enrolled into Level 1 of Westfield Health’s Health Plan.
So, if you are interested and want to find out more, contact Eliza or Callum today!
If you are ready to apply, please answer the initial applications questions and email them across to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Remember, the deadline is Monday 24th October 2022 @ 12pm!
Thank you, and Good Luck!
Team Bounce OT 🙂