bOunceT are looking to hire a new full-time addition to the team on a 3 year fixed-term contract. This post will hopefully be extended for a further 3 years, or made permanent, subject to funding in 2025.
[Job Advert below]
Despite the role of a Play Leader already being established within the organisation, this position has been fully-funded as part of an exciting new project ‘Inclusive Play & Meaningful Moments’.
This project has been made possible by the generous funding and support from The National Lottery Community Fund Scotland. This support comes as we wind down our current successful 3 year project ‘Inclusive & Meaningful Play’ [jointly funded by the National Lottery Community Fund Scotland & The Robertson Trust]. Further information and reflections about this project will be shared once we have ended the project and reported to the funders first.
Our new 3 year project will allow us to support over 450 people by providing a range of fully-funded support to children & adults with disabilities, and their family carers across Forth Valley* (from April 2022- March 2025). This includes over 150 children & adults with disabilities accessing a block of fully-funded rebound therapy / therapeutic play sessions at our Therapy Room in Stirling – in addition to over 150 parent carers receiving fully-funded 1:1 Coaching sessions [with a Specialist Occupational Therapist – following Occupational Performance Coaching theory].
There will be more information released about this project over the next few weeks, so keep an eye out!
With regards to the recruitment for our new Play Leader, we are looking for them to start ASAP! The job role and other details are listed below, but we hope to start interviews from Monday 14th March!
APPLICATIONS OPEN TODAY [Monday 14th February 2022] and will close Friday 11th March at 5pm.
We have confirmed funding for this full-time position from The National Lottery Community Fund Scotland until Friday 4th April 2025. However, as mentioned above, depending on performance outcomes and funding/budget requirements we hope to extend this contract on further [either fixed-term or as a permanent contract].
bOunceT is a multi-award winning social enterprise that was was founded as a Community Interest Company (CIC) in 2017 by Callum MacKinnon (Occupational Therapist).
A project initially set up to deliver therapeutic play and inclusive exercise to individuals with disabilities, and their families, quickly transformed into a fast-growing business.
From online assessments & ‘on-call’ advice, to in-person support & specialist play, we can help the whole family!
Our vision is for everyone to be happy, healthy, and able to do the things they want, need, or have to do!
Our mission is to improve the quality of life and participation in meaningful activities for children and adults with disabilities, and their family carers.
Our registered office & therapeutic play room is in Stirling City Centre.
Office: Unit 113, John Player Building, Stirling Enterprise Park, Stirling, FK7 7RP
Therapy Room: Unit 111, John Player Building, Stirling Enterprise Park, Stirling, FK7 7RP
We have a strict COVID Risk Assessment and other measures in place that mean you will be as safe as you possibly can when working on site. For a quick idea about what we mean, please read our COVID updates and blog from when we opened our new office space during lockdown.
Salary & Hours
Salary: £21,000 per annum + benefits* + NEST pension contributions
*including competitive annual leave & additional travel expenses
As capacity allows, you will be able to work flexible hours [across a Monday – Sunday timetable usually] and from home when required. However, as you will be one of our main staff members working with families on site you will be expected to work in onsite more often than not.
We have other part-time staff who work on weekends as well, so you would only ever have to work a maximum of 2 weekends per month [either Sat & Sun – or only one of these days].
Of course, you will be allowed to take time back during the week when you do this and/or have overtime paid [only when pre-approved].
Responsible To –
Service Journey Officer [Eliza] & Lead Occupational Therapist [Callum]
For more information about our Organisational Structure please click here! However, please note this is subject to change as we update a new version for April 2022.
Play Leader Duties –
The responsibilities of a Play Leader shall include the following, and without limitation:
- Deliver inclusive activity sessions & rebound therapy independently, and alongside others* when required.
[When a child or adult is identified as being at a ‘Targeted’ level of support then you should follow guidance from their ‘Play Plan’. This is a therapy programme created by an Occupational Therapist (OT)] *e.g. Membership Assistant, OT students, OT
- Write all notes/records & upload pictures/videos of sessions onto our secure portal (Evisense) promptly, in accordance with company policy & regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to individuals progress reports, as requested by the OT team.
- Attend professional review meetings [TAC – Team Around Child or SI – Staged Intervention] either with or without the OT present (when required).
- Coordinate timetable changes for relevant individuals & families on your caseload; with approval from the OT team.
- Complete the following duties daily when working in the Therapy Play Room:
Visual Trampoline Check.
- Prepare for, and participate in, supervision with the Service Journey Officer – minimum 1 hour per month.
- Actively contribute to effective team working within bOunceT and the organisation as a whole.
- Maintain a professional attitude with all individuals that you engage with about bOunceT whilst inside and outside of work.
- Identify personal learning needs and make actions during supervision to overcome these e.g. training.
- Ensure that the organisations Data Protection policy & procedure is adhered to and is embedded into working practices.
- Ensure the organisations policies and procedures are adhered to and are embedded into daily working practices.
- Complete mandatory training and training updates, as required. Undertake additional training within the practice area of Occupational Therapy, Play, Inclusive Play & measuring outcomes.
- In compliance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the statutory duty of care for personal safety; ensure that a proactive role towards the management of risk is adopted, taking appropriate actions when required such as; reporting all incidents, near misses and hazards.
As bOunceT is a dynamic and growing social enterprise, all employees are expected to work in a flexible
way when the occasion arises so that tasks not specifically covered by the Job Description may have to be
undertaken. These additional duties will normally be compatible with regular type of work. If
the additional responsibility or task becomes regular or a frequent part of the staff member’s job, it will
be included on the Job Description in consultation with the member of staff.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply to join the bOunceT team today!
For more information, or to have an informal chat about this role, please contact –
[Executive Director & Lead Occupational Therapist]