Are you a recent Marketing graduate from Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU)?
Are you looking for a paid 12-week internship with a young, growing social enterprise?
Are you looking to experience working both from home and within a small team at our office in Stirling?
The need to prioritise a multi-channel, ‘digital-first’ approach to communicate with colleagues, customers and new business opportunities is becoming increasingly important during these challenging times. The creation of this position will be an opportunity for bOunceT to develop a clear marketing and communications strategy across its social media platforms, website, and email communications as it moves into a ‘new normal’.
As a Social Media, Marketing & Communications Officer, you will work alongside bOunceT’s Founder (Callum) and Board of Directors to help strengthen the organisations brand identity and communicational channels. You will be responsible for developing a clear marketing, communications, and social media strategy to help the business grow and adapt to new ways of working/communicating. As a new position in the business, your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage/post on behalf of bOunceT’s social media channels where necessary – Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube.
• Support the creation of monthly mailshots and newsletter-style content to customers and stakeholders.
• Liaise with ‘Art is an Option’ design studio and support in the execution and development of a new leaflet promoting new services and changes around Covid-19.
• Assist in briefing and training staff and volunteers in basic marketing skills – enabling them to post monthly blog and frequent social media posts.
• Constantly review and update information that is promoted directly to partners and other stakeholders.
• Research market trends, demographics, pricing strategies, and other relevant information that helps our Leadership Team and Board of Directors develop marketing plans. Be part of developing these marketing plans.
• Analyses surveys, polls, and other market research to look for patterns and trends.
• Creates graphs, reports, and detailed data analysis using computer software; to share at monthly Leadership Team meetings.
• Helps to plan promotional events hosted by the organisation and/or partners.
To be successful in this role we believe you enjoy working independently, managing several responsibilities at once. You are able to plan, prioritise and execute tasks based on current needs and conditions of the business. As a person you are also a great team player, interested in digital communications and have a commercial mindset. We also believe that you will have:
• An education/experience within Social Media, Marketing/PR and Communications.
• Experience in creating and implementing digital business strategies.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong planning skills with great attention to detail.
• Be flexible and willing to adapt to the needs of the business
• Excellent reliability and timekeeping
• Ability to take initiative where appropriate. Be able to develop an idea from scratch, and co-ordinate it through content and design stages through to delivery
We can offer you:
• Flexible working hours (Mon-Fri) – you will be supplied with the appropriate work from home equipment.
• The opportunity to be part of a small but fast growing, multi-award winning Scottish social enterprise.
• Competitive pay based on experience.
• Pension contributions (opt-in)
• On-site parking (if/when you work at our office in Stirling)
How to apply:
Please email your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com
Supervisor contact name: Callum MacKinnon (Founder/ Executive Director & Occupational Therapy Lead)
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact telephone number: 07415323683
Company name: bOunceT Innovative Occupational Therapy CIC
Industry sector: Health & Social Care
Type of business: CIC – Community Interest Company (social enterprise)
Website address: www.bouncet.com
Position Ref.: InternshipGCU1
Added: 4 Nov 2020
Application close: 4 Dec 2020
Commences: Monday 18th January 2021
Contract Type: Temporary
Contract Hours: Full Time
Remuneration/ Pay rate: £400 per week (£19,200 pro-rata)
Location: Stirling & Home-Based (mix)