bOunceT is a brand that describes an Occupational Therapy (OT) service delivering a new model of rebound therapy as an innovative OT intervention.
The non-profit organisation was founded by Callum MacKinnon, Occupational Therapist in 2017.
“We exist to promOTe independence one bounce at a time!”
bOunceT is a multi-award winning social enterprise improving the quality of life and participation in occupations (meaningful activities!) for children and adults with a range of physical and cognitive disabilities.
bOunceT are currently working across Central Scotland to provide the following services:
- 1:1 & Group sessions – in our Stirling Therapy Room base and in-house across various locations.
- Consultancy Service – for organisations & schools that would like to work with our OT to complete relevant Risk Assessments & create suitable activity-based Play Plans for their workplace.
- CPD Training – ‘Open’ and ‘In-House’ training courses to learn the bOunceT model of rebound therapy.
bOunceT offer an inclusive sensory space at our Play Room in Stirling – providing access to therapeutic play activities and ‘meaningful movement’ on/off a trampoline and within a padded sensory corner where there are lights, a swing and more!
In addition to this cool adapted space, our OT gathers information about each individual and works with them, their family/ carers and relevant professionals to set functional goals and create an activity-based Play Plan; centred around a trampoline.
This Play Plan can be adapted to meet each child or adults ‘Physical, Social & Sensory’ needs.
‘Therapeutic Play’ in this context means either:
– play as a means to achieving other developmental goals.
– play as an occupation: “play as an aim, play as a right, and play for participation” (Lynch & Moore, 2016)